Originally Posted By: TopTone
Excuse me , I am new to the forum so I wouldn't know of the previous discussions that covered this topic. I am still curious as to what would be a good estimate of the richest of the American mafia Dons $1billion ,$500 million,$200?Which family during in which era , immersed themselves in stylish opulence and spread the wealth amongst crews?
If they have they have discussed this please merge or posts the links.

My personal opinion, unless I'm overlooking something, I don't think any American mafioso ever topped $100 million.

The Genovese family, besides being the wealthiest, have been said to allow it's members to keep a relatively larger share of their money. However, they also are said to be the least likely to flash their money around.

Originally Posted By: LCN1987
Why do you say thata, Ivy? Wasn't it easier making drug money before? Less surveillance, less snitches I'd assume. As with the mafia, it was easier doing things in the past. I agree that Salerno's figures are inflated though. I'd say his worth would be in the region of $25 million-40 million.

The Cali cartel - which existed at the same time - was just as big as Escobar's Medellin organization, not to mention more sophisticated and better run, and they didn't have anyone worth $9 billion.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.