Originally Posted By: LittleMan
Regarding Jackie, Jr....this was when it must suck to be in the mob.

Tony has to order the hit of a very close friend's son- Jackie Sr probably asked Tony to keep an eye on his son and watch over him. Or...Ralph has to order the hit of his girlfriend's son. Rosie was barely over grieving for her late husband.

What made it less gut wrenching for the viewers is that Jackie Jr was such a jerk in the show.

I think this is a good point. For us the viewers, Jackie Jr. was a douchebag so he got what was coming, but from a person's standpoint it must have been a super hard decision, although certainly warranted with everything he did. I think if he had JUST robbed the card game and not killed Sunshine, shot at Chris, shot Furio etc. he might have gotten a pass (and probably the shit kicked out of him by Tony) but really that guy would have caused issues sooner or later. If he wasn't whacked then, I could see him ending up like Sean and Matt and trying to curry favor with somebody else or even turn informant out of petty revenge.

Hell could you have imagined Jackie Jr. as a made guy? He probably would have flipped the second he was alone with the police.

Wayne

"Finance is a gun. Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
Don Lucchesi