Originally Posted By: Snakes
Also found this:

https://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/servl...tation=portrait

It confirms what I had suspected earlier, that Gambino was at La Stella so he had knowledge of this supposed coup? I can't imagine anyone confronting Gambino, arguably the most powerful don at this time, and requesting that he step down.

La Stella was known as Little Apalachin too, right? Or am I confusing this with something else...?

I don´t know the details or the exact date, but Dellacroce was sometime in the late 1960s, a victim of an assassination attempt. If I remember correctly, someone fired multiple shots into the Ravenite Social Club. It´s not clear who exactly the plotters were, but it looks like they were members of the Gambino faction. Around 1970, an interesting article appeared saying that Dellacroce was trying to gather support from other bosses around the country in an attempt to remove Gambino from power. If the article was telling the truth, Dellacroce either could not muster enough support for a coup or his attempt simply petered out due to legal troubles Dellacroce was having at the time.

LaStella was actually not the place of the supposed Commission meeting. The Commission would never have met in a public place like that during lunch time. I can´t imagine that anything of importance was being discussed there. The LaStella incident was most likely a break up of a lunch, some of the meeting attendees decided to go to.

[Linked Image]