I've been hearing a lot lately about how the Yankees are heading towards a dark period. I can see how they may see that, however let's also realize that this team, despite all of the injuries they've had this season will barely miss the playoffs.

Texiera will come back next year, they should resign Cano, Nova has looked great since his demotion to Triple-A, they should be getting back Michael Pineda back for next season, Hughes and Chamberlain should be gone, Manny Banuelos who missed all of this year (and is the best pitching prospect they have in Triple-A before his injury) will be back next year (meaning he could be heading towards the Bronx in 2015), Vidal Nuno looked good during his brief time in the majors, Phelps has had spots where he's looked good as well.

Obviously no one can take over for the great Mariano Rivera. Robertson will try and do his best but he walks too many batters and isn't Mo. Also, losing someone like Pettitte who has his experience, can battle/grind his way through a game and can eat up a lot of innings will be felt as well. All I'm saying is I'm more optimistic than most out there.