Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I love Colbert, and am glad he won, but I love Jon Stewart too. smile

TIS

So do I, but then the last time he and almost everyone else said that enough already with giving the Emmy to him by default. I have to say I usually look forward to Colbert even more than The Daily Show and a little bit of politically incorrect humor wouldn't kill anybody. They should really vote for Colbert half of the times. grin

Afs,

Daily Show/Colbert are on here in CA at 8 and again at 11:00 p.m. If I miss the 8:00 I usually don't stay awake for the 11:00 show but try to catch later.

I know John Oliver has been taking Stewart's place during the summer. Tho I don't mind him, I didn't watch either much this summer.

Btw, don't know if you got it there or saw it, but one of Colbert's BEST performances was at one of the White House Correspondence dinner during the BUSH administration. He was great in his own in your face humor. I don't think ANYONE there knew much about him then and I doubt he was ever asked back. lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon