Fosco is Willie Messino’s former driver and confidant. He also used to knock around with Buddy C., Jack Esq., George, Michael, and sometimes Gene. His dad was with the Outfit and involved in union rackets( died 30-years ago). Fosco purports to blow the whistle on Outfit rackets now via his blog (“American News Post” aka ANP), which was formerly a Catholic blog, loosely associated with the Archdiocese of Chicago. Fosco has legitimately dropped accurate bombshells on his blog but also writes with an obvious bias, protecting Outfit people he still has a fondness for. I have socialized with Joe before, as far back as when he was Willie’s driver. (I was at Punky’s Pub in Lombard in the early 2000’s when the proprietor ejected Joe from the bar because he didn’t have I.D. but rather had like ten traffic tickets. Willie stayed inside the bar and quietly drank with the other patrons, waiting for the person he was there to meet.) Fosco’s dad was from Mooney’s old neighborhood and resents the Grand Avenue people who he claims screwed him out of a lot of money, roughly ten years ago. He also claims that they tried to kill him. Who knows ?

Fosco’s legacy is understating the role of Accardo in the Outfit because Accardo was the idol of his archenemies, the DiFronzos and Cerones. Fosco started with his anti-Accardo rhetoric on ANP and all these trolls, lurkers, and wanna-bes bought what he was selling and repeat his b.s. on forums like this, where they are not held accountable for their information. (An ignorant leech from ANP named Black Angelo, the most debunked amateur mob-watcher ever, posts now on this very forum. Giancana’s own children (Bonnie and Annette) openly acknowledge that Accardo was the power.

Fosco will acknowledge his anti-Accardo bias offline. Joe’s real-life persona is very different than that of the blogger/vigilante. He will acknowledge his schtick and the stunts he pulls. ANP makes for entertaining reading, if nothing else.

Last edited by StonePark; 09/22/13 07:16 PM.