Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic
Ehh, they found a weak link in his crew & exploited it. Most lcn guys talk like him. He didn't say anything particularly outlandish or revealing. Nothing everybody didn't already know about day to day Outfit life. And I perceive wannabes as guys on the outside looking in, who will never be able to get in, because of their perpetual goof status. Paulie C is a hardened Outfit tough guy, was given his own crew with heavy responsibilities, etc. He was moving up. Is he a "wannabe" for wanting to move higher up the ladder in the company he is employed by? I suppose every single motherfucker besides popes, kings, CEOs, & presidents are a bunch of "wannabes" then, eh?

Also, carparelli is already back on the streets & just opened a new business. The judge mysteriously released him, against the advice of the feds. They can't touch these guys unless someone truly valuable flips. Nick calabrese was a freak anomaly within the Outfit.

Well, we all have our opinions. I have read a lot of wires and IMO from the articles quotes and inferences he comes across a lot more Frank Calabrese than Jimmy Marcello, but to each his own.

Curious, though, how do you know he is a "capo?" He could just be a contracted guy. There is actually a a few things suggesting that in the article IMO.

The quote "That's what the customer wanted" referring to a beating. Although he could be speaking euphemeistically, would you really refer to your boss in the hierarchy as a "customer?"

If he's part of the hierarchy why is DeLaurentis paying him $10K cash to beat the crap out of someone? Nick Calabrese killed about 20 people and there was never a suggestion that he got a cash reward for each hit. I thought conventional wisdom was that when you are in and they say to do something, you just do it.

In the story he "boasts of his commitment" not only to DeLaurentis, but Mark Polchan. Would a guy who was part of the hierarchy really be committed to a motorcycle gang boss? The way it's phrased (we can only guess) it sounds like he is putting himself in a subservient position to them both on equal footing.

He's dealing drugs. When was the last time a known made guy got caught dealing drugs.