Originally Posted By: JCB1977
I will go with the 31 number, much more believable than the 45-50 "active" made guys that Scott claimed to be. I still say "active" would be around 20-25...but I will buy 31.

20-25, maybe even 30, is believable if we're talking total members.

Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
No I don't. I know Chicago didn't "make" guys for a long time but since they started I don't know how it's any different than the traditional LCN meaning.

Correct. Regardless of exactly when the Outfit started using the ceremony, once they did, there was no difference in what constituted a made guy.

16. The FBI defines a "made member" as a person who has participated in a formalized ceremony and has the right to share in the profits of the Chicago Outfit. A made member has the right to run his own street crew; to make loans known as "juice loans"; to extort "street tax" from local businesses and from gamblers and bookmakers; and to otherwise take control of gambling and bookmaking in his area. A made members is also entitled to the respect of other made members.

http://www.ipsn.org/orourke_affidavit.php

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
No offense to you or your chart, but in almost every discusssion about detroit charts that people come up with, the words "overly heirarchal" just about always come up. I mean you have just about as many people ranked captain or above as there are active soldiers.

Yeah, seems like too many chiefs and not enough Indians. In larger and more active families, like New England and Philadelphia, we don't see this kind of hierarchical structure anymore. Things have become much more fluid in these smaller families, with the relatively small amount of members active on the street at any given time. What are the chances Detroit needs that many top guys or captains? Perhaps these guys held those positions at one time but I'd be surprised if they all actually function in that capacity now.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 09/20/13 12:01 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.