Originally Posted By: klydon1
What's with Cleveland trading Trent Richardson their first round pick in May (#3 overall) for the Colts' first rounder next year (likely to be in the 20s overall)?

You have not noticed a pattern of idiotic moves from the Cleveland front office since 1999? This trade will be a good move if they draft a franchise QB in next year's draft. However, nothing in Cleveland's draft history in the past 14 years indicates that they will get it right.

This front office - rightly so - did not like the players brought in by Mike Holmgren. Thus the exodus of Weeden as the starting QB and trading Richardson.

This trade is interesting because Richardson has been average (3 yds p/carry), comes out on 3rd down, and has already had 3 injuries since being drafted. Enter Indy, who lost their starting RB for the season last week. They overpaid for Richardson, who will benefit from a better QB in Luck. But Richardson is a small back who I think will continue to be hampered by injuries. So I think Cleveland was wise to land a #1 pick for him which they wouldn't have gotten in the offseason. And I think had Indy not lost its running back and not had a franchise QB in place, they would not have overpaid with a #1 pick.