I agree with you 100% about the difference between the Italians that came over vs. the Italian Americans today. However, the Gambino's and Genovese Families are still strong as far as membership and both families have brought over quite a few immigrants to replenish the ranks. Also, both families continue to replenish the ranks, where most other mafia families have stopped making new members...which is why age and attrition has caught up with the Patriarca's.

It was either you or lic that said that Providence is a breeding ground for mobsters...My source at WPRI Providence, who is the lead investigator tells me that "nobody" active is left in Providence and there are no up and comers that are even remotely close to being made. While I agree that Providence has always been traditionally stronger than Boston with less headaches, I would have to agree with that since Providence has lost Baby Shacks, Lato, Marapese, St. Laurent, DeLuca, Folcarelli, Scivola, Bonifiglia, Guglielmetti etc. Joe Achille Sr. and Joseph Ruggiero are not active...Who is left in Providence that has any real clout?