Mickey Spillane's son was an actor. Sadly no longer with us a tragic accident led to Bobby Spillane falling from his sixth floor apartment in Hell's Kitchen.

He had parts in 'Law and Order', 'NYPD Blue' and 'Rescue Me'.

He was leaning against a screen and it simply gave away his uncle James McManus traumatically recalled.

The Spillanes of course married into the McManus family who even still hold massive political sway in hell's Kitchen today. The Midtown Democrat club has been in the family for 120 years.

The hold the 'McMani' have had on determining the sway of west side politics has certainly had a big sway on politics in HK. Anyone who thinks what was going down on the west side was small time should see how their affiliates and old time west side associates live today. Anyway, that's another story.The club still boasts over 6,000 dues paying members and Mr McManus runs a funeral home on west 46th street.

Great quote from Mickey Spillane in this article his confession that he became a club member at 13 when "I became old enough to vote". http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...tes-a-birthday/

Even with gentrification changing the landscape of the neighborhood the 'McMani' are a colossal family influence in Hell's Kitchen today.

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 09/15/13 08:16 PM.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin