Lic,

I'm not investigating anything in New England. The research I have done for several authors was regarding a family member of mine living in CT (Stamford) shaking down unions and heavily involved with loansharking. He is now serving time in prison. There were a few guys from Boston/Providence that came up in my research that were connected to him. I'm not trying to solve any murders, so settle down. I'm from Youngstown, OH originally and I had some of my family members who were heavily involved in the rackets in Pittsburgh and Cleveland. I'm not any kind of a rat, but I do professional research for authors in my spare time. I'm a Nursing Home Administrator in Massachusetts, nothing more. I'm not in the rackets, not connected to anybody in the New England rackets. I agree that some street knowledge is better than some law enforcement knowledge...however, the Federal Government has decimated 18 of the 26 original mafia families thus far. The only families left with a "structured hierarchy" are the 5 in NY, Chicago, Philly, Detroit. Every other mob family in the U.S are on life support...especially New England.