Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
I read the book The Winter of Frankie Machine, and it came to my mind some curiosity on the Detroit Partnership.

With the city of Detroit that has filed for bankruptcy, do you think the mafia will increase its power on the city?

There're new made men cerimony ?

There were killings linked to the family of Detroit?

The book talks about the family of Detroit, which controls streapclubs in San Diego, the Partnership has never had any interest in California or is it just an invention of the writer?

Detroit's conditions have no effect on (Metro) Detroit's family, since they've been thriving in the middle-class suburbs since Zerilli's reign (1950's/1960's) -- primarily in southern Macomb County (i.e., Roseville, Warren, St. Clair Shores, Sterling Heights, and Clinton Twp). Also Oakland (where several high-ranking members reside), Washtenaw (which contains the cities of Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti), and Genesee (which contains the city of Flint). They've also had in interests as far north as Saginaw, and as far south as Monroe County (on the border of Ohio).

One author claims membership is possibly over 50, but it's probably closer to around 30 made members, and about twice as many associates. There's been rumors of at least 2 ceremonies since Jack Tocco's release from prison in 2003, which would bring membership to around ~ 30 total (around 10 members have died since the FBI's 1996/2001 estimate of 30 made members).

Isodoro “Teddy San Diego” Matranga (a soldier) still resides in San Diego. Historically speaking, he has been involved in San Diego-area strip clubs. He hasn't been busted for anything in quite some time, however, at least federally. He's in the 60's.