Originally Posted By: Camarel

I was only 8 at the time while walking home from swimming i saw my friends dad who told me the WTC had been hit (i didn't even know what it was at the time) and the rest is history frown

Oh jesus I feel old. You were 8?!

Events like these, that become a divider in history (either it's pre 9/11 or post 9/11) essentially define the lives of the generation before and after the event. Born or raised into perpetual war, we start to reminisce about the good ol' days of pre 9/11, pre Afghanistan, pre Iraq. We picture a Pleasentville way of life, a simpler time, carefree and gleeful. Well as someone considerable older, daily life for your average Joe was much of the same. We should remember not only those who have passed in that tragic event, but let this be a reminder of the world we live in, in the West. We can be questioned, attacked, confronted and yet our way of life continues. 9/11 proved the resilience of the free. I take comfort in knowing that my children may not know the pre 9/11 world, but that the reality they live in is still one of comfort and security.
And isn't that new tower a beautiful thing?

Okla: Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them?