Anyone else see this film with Michael Shannon? What were your thoughts... particularly you NY guys? I thought the acting was great and enjoyed it. If I wasn't interested in organized crime I'm not sure how much I would have liked it. Ray Liotta was pretty good as Roy DeMeo. While I don't know all that much about the Gemeni, it seemed fairly accurate (at least within the context of Kuklinski likely being a complete liar about a lot of things).

I doubt the movie will be much of a success. It's probably too dark for most viewers. It starts with the protagonist killing a completely innocent man at DeMeo's order to prove he's loyal. You immediately pretty much hate everyone in it. But it did a fairly good job of showcasing how Kuklinski at least in the film did care deeply for his family.

I suppose that was the interesting part, that he was a total monster who, at least in the film, really did care for his family.

Overall it was pretty good.

That Gemeni Lounge scene was as sick an operation as anywhere. It seems to have veered more toward complete psychopathy than traditional organized crime.