Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

How nice of you and how exciting for her Kly. I can imagine the torture for her looking but not driving. Bet she goes and sits in it for a long time. lol

When my oldest daughter got her first car she went with her dad. Her dad warned to let him do the bargaining and he may get her somewhat of a deal. Well, she test drove a new Toyota Paseo. The salesperson was in the backseat (don't know if they still go with you when you test drive.) Anyway they barely hit the road and my daughter loudly & excitedly shouts, "I LOVE THIS CAR"; "DAD I JUST HAVE TO HAVE THIS CAR! I JUST LOVE IT!" lol So much for trying to talk the salesman down. lol
We still tease her about that. Btw, she DID get the car.

TIS

Great story, TIS. I can imagine her dad's face when she burst with excitement. When buying cars, I always tell the salesman that I just started looking. When I took easch of my kids to look at cars, I always warned them about not acting too excited.

We did get a very good price on this car, and I credit my wife for finding it online in Reading. The salesman reduced the price to what we wanted too. He even paid for an inspection and oil change.

Over the past ten years when I've test driven cars, the salespeople don't generally ride along.