I hope you all had a great Labor Day, and I was surprised by all of the unions represented on our board. Labor Day is a recognition that the American worker has skin in the game.

I probably drove a thousand miles this weekend, and didn't leave the state. I dropped off some items for my oldest, who is enjoying apartment life for his junior year in college. He and I went to have dinner and visit with my parents and grandmother. My dad's alzheimers is slowly progressing, and he has some difficulty following conversations. He always had a very sharp mind, and it's sad to see the vacant look in his eyes that is getting more frequent.

Each day I'm more impressed by my mom's strength as she deals with this and taking care of my grandmother, who is virtually blind. We all had a good dinner with laughs, and talked about planning for my grandmother's 100th birthday next May.

My younger son came home from college for the weekend. He couldn't take his car back as he suffered a seizure late at night on the first day of school. This was the second seizure in 6 months, the first was attributed to just passing out from dehydration. But now he has to see a neurologist and can not drive until he's medically cleared. He feels fine and blood/urine and diagnostic tests showed no evidence of a seizure, but further tests are needed.