Originally Posted By: olivant
Well, Tebow was cut by the Patriots and has probably heard his last hurrah in the NFL. How does this continue to happen? Tebow, Brady Quinn, Colt McCoy ... the list goes on of college star QBs that fall flat in the NFL. Is it bad scouting? Are they placed in offensive schemes that don't use their talents effectively? Do they play for just plain bad teams?

I often wonder about this myself, i think alot of it has to do with the type of offenses they run in college, like alot of offenses center around option play and the wildcat formation and players that specialize in that dont always adjust into the nfl that well. And not to mention that the defensive schemes are much more complicated in the pros and some QBs have trouble reading them. There were a lot of people that forsaw that tebow would not be succesful in the nfl bc of the type of player he was in college.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort