Originally Posted By: 12thStreet
@ Funkster, his father was a degenerate gambler who made the mistake of going to the sharks to pay back the bookies and got wayyyyy behind on his juice-at least that was the rumor back then. At that time the Ferriola Crew was ALMIGHTY in their power and the fear that they instilled in recalcitrant debtors. I remember when that happened I was a teenager too. I would say Carparelli is the focus of the indictment, yes and the others were friends of his not necessarily his "crew". I believe it was Huron who said awhile back that nowadays what has been known as the "Cicero Crew" should more appropriately be called the "Berwyn Crew" now and this definitely so. @ Cook County, yes and no. Going to do a bit will DEFINITELY make him somebody when he gets out. His wife died young of cancer recently and he has a young son. I wonder if he feels it was worth it now though that he took the pinch especially after what happened to his father. I doubt he'd ever rat though.

Nice insight 12thStreet. I believe his son also goes by Paulie correct? Are you from Berwyn yourself?