Early on there was a war between the sicilian mafia and the Camorra in America. Camorra is made up of Neapolitans. How did they disappear? Did they both just decide to be one organization with the Sicilians? I am an Italian American and my roots trace back to mostly sicily and I also have some neapolitan in me. I'm about 75% sicilian and about 25% neapolitan. I might be a little less neapolitan but idk for sure. So I'm pretty interested in this topic for some reason. Most of the Italians who came to America during the late 1800s/early 1900s were from southern Italy.I believe more than 80% of those Italians who came over at that time were southern Italians from the Calabria, Campania, and Sicily region. So many Sicilians and Neapolitans came over at that time. Did al Capone really get denied induction into the mob in NYC because he had no sicilian roots? Because Vito Genovese, Albert Anastasia and Frank Costello(Certainly more)didn't have siclilian roots either but they were still inducted and nobody really seemed to have a problem with them. I know maranzano didn't like Costello because he was calabrese but he didnt seem to have a problem with Genovese who was neapolitan.