Most definately, there will always be people are going to be tempted to bend when given that kind of access to that amount of power. There are and will be more dirty FBI, DEA and ATF agents also. Though the nature and frequency may change as it's easier to track people with cameras, cell phones etc, it will go on.

Though I doubt that will be many LCN connected cops in the future, the mob just not have that kind of pull anymore. In the coming years this kind of corruption will probably more connected to drug trafficing or street gangs (like the Rampart scandal).

I have a feeling that since terrorism is the number one priority of most major police departments and the FBI right now that we'll be seeing more cases of scandals with cops being over-zealous and setting up people who they suspect are terrorists. A lot of the FBI "stings" with terrorism cases have been borderline entrapment.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi