[ quote=Ba rrettM]Spent all month reading more and more about these Outfit days. Not particularly interested in the Kennedy stuff, just the chain of command and their brand of justice. Interesting that that Life article claims Giancana was ordering those torture murders. In the many articles I've read, Outfit orders are only referred to as coming from, 'The Outfit Bosses'. Which is annoyingly ambiguous. In the Outfit's case, that could be Accardo? Ricca? Giancana with Accardo and Ricca's permission? Hell, even Frank Balistrieri. Accardo is the most likely suspect, what with the blowtorch fascination. I'm just really curious at to which one of the bosses could give the go-ahead to use a medieval rack on someone.

Oh, and I've found the coroner's report for the Jackson murder! As much as I like the Mafia Encyclopedia, looks like they got this one wrong. Hell, so did plenty of other sources I would normally trust. Here's the coroner's report (use CTRL + F to find) and an excerpt:

Quote:
Our recent expansion in development of intelligence on the existence and activity of La Cosa Nostra in Wisconsin tends to confirm that there is no adequate substitute for (ELSURS) for the development of accurate information on this underworld phenomenon. [emphasis added]

*The coroner's report on Jackson's death was revealing of the cruelty of organized crime.
William "Action" Jackson--Coroner's Report:
Impaled on meat hook, doused with water..Cattle prod (electrical) used in
rectum and pubic area. Shot.
Limbs cut (apparently with an ice pick).
Beaten about most of the body (apparently with baseball bats).
Severe body burns, inflicted with a blowtorch.
Incineration of the penis.

[/quote]

Don't forget that using a blowtorch was one of Marshall Caifano's favorite methods of torture. I'm surprised that nobody ever mention him in the whole thing being that it's pretty common knowledge that he liked to use a blow torch for torture.