Most of the old timers came from poor families and their fathers were hard working men who usually died at middle age cuz of the hard work.They all wanted good future for their kids.Thats why most of the old timers didnt want to be known as gangsters.They kept low profile.Plus the old timers knew what hunger really means.As for the new generation or the sons of the old mobsters,well they all grew up with tons of cash,among gangsters and idolized them.Like George Anastasia once said "Whats the point of being a gangster,if no one knows who you are",meaning the younger generation wanted to be recognized.They can do what ever they want,and in the end they all end up dead or squeal.They want the "fast life".I know some people my age that are livin the life and you can always hear them sayin "Its better to live one day as a king and die(or in some cases squeal),than to live 100 years as a peasant".Its evolution but backwards.If you ask me i blame the old timers who brought their kids into "the life".....or you can also blame the Godfather movie and dont ask why wink

I dont really belive in "keep your mouth shut to the grave" cuz sooner or later most of em break.Or at least they will write a book or somethin.Some of the so called "Men of Honour"(wich i belive its fake) wanted their story to be told,after their death ofcourse.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good