I know there are a few of us (DeNiro) wink Elvis fans. Today marks the 36th anniversary of his death. frown

I was only 7 or so when he hit the scene and I remember at 8 or 9, a neighborhood friend and I wanted to write him a letter (he was in the army). We wrote something (LOL don't remember what we said) and her mother addressed the envelope for us and put a stamp on it. Never did hear back. His name was very well known in my house because of my sister and I were such fans. And even thru my teenage years AND the Beatle years (love the Beatles)Elvis was still special. He is/was like no other.

I was fortunate enough to seem in in concert (finally) at Pontiac Stadium in MI New Year's Eve 1975. Loved it!! Best New Years Eve ever smile

Anyway, my salute to The King!!!!!

TIS

OOPS!! I forgot to include this link:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57598846/thousands-honor-elvis-presley-at-graceland-vigil/

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 08/16/13 12:48 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon