Originally Posted By: Tony_Pro
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Bonanno ordered murders. No doubt about it. Several made guys (and others as well I´m sure of) were killed during Bonanno´s rule. However, Bonanno never talked about the Tresca murder. Where did you get that from? I´m not disputing that he might have been involved somehow, but he never said anything in regards to the Tresca killing.

If memory serves me, the double casket story was mentioned in Bill Bonanno´s The last Testament but the story didn´t originate from there.

It's related in detail in the 1999 movie Bonnano: A Godfather's Story. Both Bill and Joe are credited as writers on the movie and Bill was the executive producer so I'm supposing the info came from the horse's mouth. The movie was based on both Joe and Bill's books, I don't remember the Tresco incident in Joe's book but perhaps it's what he left out and told Bill and Bill added it in (Joe died in '98, so I'm guessing that Bill did most of the work on it).

Three separate researchers (Alan A. Block, Dorothy Gallagher and Nuzio Pernicone) have also come up with the story of Galante being the likely shooter. I haven't had a chance to look at their books so I'm unsure of the validity of that claim.

That was a TV movie that was VERY loosely based on their books. I wouldn't recommend the movie to be used as basis for Joe Bonanno´s life story. The movie was shitty and riddled with factual errors not worth pissing on. Both Joe and Bill were credited with the script but I doubt that Bill had any say with the finished result of the movie as a whole.

Again, I´m not disputing that Bonanno and Galante may have had something to do with that killing. My point is that Joe Bonanno NEVER talked about the Tresca killing, something you´re claiming in your post above.

[Linked Image]