Originally Posted By: ovation32
What about other Gambino crews. Can you trace the line of succession for crews like (1) D'Amicos, (2) Corozzos, (3) Marinos, (4) John Gambinos, (5) Tommy Gambinos, (6) Jimmy Browns?

John Gambino pops up as a captain around 1986. I´m not sure if he inherited a crew or was simply given a crew by Gotti to run.

Nick Corozzo was originally a Ruggiano crew member, made an acting captain of this crew around 1985, demoted and put with Richichi and around 1989 transferred to Peter Gotti´s crew. In the early 1990s, Corozzo was given his own crew to run.

Danny Marino was a Failla crew member before given his own crew to run around 1987. He may have been demoted sometime around 1994/1995 when imprisoned. In any case, his crew was briefly put under DiLeonardo´s supervision. If Marino was demoted, he probably was put with Corozzo. Sometime after Gotti Sr´s death, Marino was upped again.

D´Amico took over from Paulie Zaccaria in 1989. This crew dates back to at least the 1950s. The captain in the 1950s was Jerome D´Aquila (the son of Tata D´Aquila). Around 1960, this crew was led by Calogero "Lilo" DiCarlo, later by Olympio "Lilo" Garofalo until Zaccaria took it over in 1986. When D´Amico was put on a ruling panel in early 1990s, DiLeonardo was made the acting captain but a year or two later, he was given an own small crew to run. I tend to believe Frank Cali also served as an acting captain for this crew later in the 00s.

Tommy Gambino was given his own crew around 1980. Taking in some guys from Connecticut who had previously been under Frank Piccolo in addition to guys who had previously been under Joe "From the Bronx" Gambino. When Gambino was in prison, his crew was led by George Remini and later by Carmine Sciandra both on acting basis. Tony Megale, a crew member, was later made a captain of the old Carminati crew while Sciandra was made the official captain of Gambino´s crew when he retired.

Failla was first an acting capo of the Petey "Pumps" Ferrara crew bsck in 1964 but was transferred to Joey Gennaro´s crew and took it over when Gennaro became ill in 1967. Gennaro had inherited Lombardozzi´s large crew around 1965. When Failla took it over, the crew split between him and Jimmy Corrao. The Brooklyn based guys in this crew ended up with Failla, while the Manhattan based guys ended up with Corrao. In the 1990s, this crew was led by Louis "Fats" Astuto on acting basis while Failla was incarcerated. I tend to believe that Joseph Lombardi took over Failla´s crew when he died in 1999. I have no clue who runs it today.

[Linked Image]