Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: ChiTown
I would also doubt those two bosses went to Chicago, but would also doubt Mike would make this story up out of the blue and especially tie it to NYC like that. I would think high level Capo's, Salerno and/or one of Chin's sons make more sense.

Mags may embellish, but he has higher credibility than anyone on an anonymous internet forum like this one.

Embellishing would be if Fat Tony and Chin actually did show up and Magnafichi said he sat down with them himself or something like that. What he's doing, for whatever reason, is just plain lying. It would be more understandable if he said he was told secondhand that they came to town. But he's saying he actually saw them there with his own two eyes. C'mon. As someone else said, Fat Tony was under indictment. And Chin didn't even like attending Commission meetings in New York, much less going way out to Chicago to discuss something that had little to do with the Outfit.

Some on here may find you more credible on the activities of the Chicago Outfit in the 1980s than Michael Magnafichi, but I would assume that number is very small. whistle