I had a strange thought/question about the rule in the Italian Mafia in regards to the members needing Italian ancestry in order to be made.

Now, historically, as we all know, you had to be 100 percent Italian in order to be eligible for the American Mafia. Then, around 25 years ago or so, as long as your father was Italian, that was ok.

Let's say for example, that an associate was half Italian. But, his father is half Italian too (hence, the associate has an Italian grandfather, and maybe a Polish grandmother or something, doesn't matter). Now, let's say that the associate's mother is also half Italian just like the Dad is. So, Mom and Dad are both half Italian, son is half Italian. See what I am saying?

So, the question is, can the associate still be made? With Italian ancestry on both sides, I guess there is still some sense of tradition there, but the question got me curious. I guess they would let it slide if the associate was trusted and/or was a great earner, I don't know.

I thought about this because my Aunt (who is related to me by marriage) has a full blooded Italian grandparent on each side of her family, so her parents, her siblings, and herself were all half Italians. That popped the question in my mind.

Any ideas?