Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
A few years ago I had to report for jury duty. During the voir dire process, where they ask potential jurors questions, both lawyers asking questions of everyone, dismissing some and keeping others.

One lawyer asked a woman (and it's been a while I don't recall exact wording), "why do you think you're here? For what purpose?" The woman answered "to see that justice is done." Not a bad answer right? Wrong lol The lawyer corrected her by saying she is there to see if the evidence given proves guilt beyond reasonable doubt. It really made me think about it. ohwell It really isn't necessarily about justice or is it?

TIS

It is about justice ultimately, however to get to "justice" rules of evidence must be followed, and burdens of proof must be met by evidence that supports the burden of proof. Obvioously the lawyer you encountered had a case which required the jurors to follow the cout's instructions about "reasonable doubt" and was leery of a juror who he may have perceived as too emotional.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."