Originally Posted By: baldo
Pizza, will these young guys one day inherit the older guys' rackets or will it die off with the old timers?

Well, in my opinion, the big money "legitimate" things like contracting and construction will go to the younger guys who are related by blood. If you look at the Lucchese and Westside construction guys, they're all putting their sons in those businesses, whether they're in the life or not.

What I'm trying to say is that no up and coming young kid right now is going to make himself millions in the construction racket all by himself. That door is closed. But the kids who are being put in those businesses by their fathers and uncles will hold onto them (for the near future at least).

As far as the bookmaking and shylocking, it will always be around because people want to gamble and people want to borrow money. That's the bread and butter for the blue collar guys in the families. But there's just so much competition and so many rats today that collecting isn't even worth the aggravation half the time.

The rich guys will get richer, the poor guys will have a harder time making a living than ever. Just like in the legitimate world wink.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.