I don't care about the Outfit. The fucking Outfit killed my father in 1985!
You're missing the point!

Books grossly exaggerate figures about organized Crime ALL THE TIME. They mix up Gross with Net, they guess at a Gross figure OF THE ENTIRE ORGANIZATION and assign it to ONE GUY.
I was trying to give you a couple examples:

1) Historians way past 1929 have stated in books that Al Capone earned $100 million dollars in one year. That is complete bullshit. Maybe the Capone Organization grossed $100 million in one year ( which I doubt) but that would include hundreds of guys, not JUST Al Capone. And, that would be Gross not Net.
They made it sound like Al Capone put $100 million in his pocket. Complete bullshit exaggeration. I was using this AS AN EXAMPLE of inaccurate or misleading exaggerations.

2) Historians in books have written that Meyer Lansky was worth $300 Million when he died. Complete exaggerated bullshit.
When he died, his PERSONAL NET WORTH was $6 million. 2% of what they stated IN SEVERAL BOOKS.

Now do you get the point? These people that write books are only repeating some inaccurate Gross exaggeration that they heard or read somewhere else.

I'm not trying to offend you, I'm only trying to explain something to you. Take what you read in a Book with a grain of salt When they start throwing around these huge numbers.

NOBODY KNOWS unless someone did a professional audit of the person or the entire organization, which would never happen. It's just exaggerated guessing and it gets bigger and bigger the more these assholes keep writing about it.

Turnbull, the head moderator of this site who is a very smart guy agrees with me. Read his posting above these last few postings.

Last edited by Chicago; 07/28/13 12:56 PM.