Quote:

Davis have a knack of exaggerating. I guess most mob writers do. But the most annoying writer and so called "mob expert", is without a doubt Ernest Volkman, in my opinion. He takes the exaggeration to the highest level, makes one want to puke. Can´t stand him!

Ha, I couldn't finish the Gambino book and picked Volkman's Gangbusters not realizing it was him at the local library. The first half is pretty terrible, a lot of it is lifted straight of Luciano's and Bananno's books. But the part on the Corralo period seems solid since he probably just lifted most of his info from court records in the Vario and Commission cases. The whole invented passage about Tommy Lucchese's poor mother journeying to 107th St. to give her wayward son maranara sauce set's the stage for the place and times, but it's corny as hell.

Last edited by Tony_Pro; 07/27/13 07:32 PM.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi