Originally Posted By: BarrettM
In the Profaci era, two out of three of the Gallo brothers became made men, Larry and Joey. Albert was too young. Here's something that no one will tell you, Joey might have been the face of the Gallo Crew but Larry was the boss, brains, and leader of it all. Joey always deferred to Larry. Larry just wasn't insane enough to make too many headlines. Remember when Joe Colombo, Joe Magliocco and two other Profaci bosses were held for ransom by the Gallo crew? Joey suggest they shoot the hostages and Larry slapped him across his face. Had Larry not died of cancer I'm not sure what would have happened but he had enough clout to be brought back in as a capo by Joe Colombo.

In a nutshell Joey was a soldier. This is just off a memory. I had a file on the Gallo war that I wrote myself but lost when my phone died out. I know a lot about the Gallo era Profaci family. For instance, the Gallos were made under the instruction of Profaci himself and against the advice of his Consigliere Charles LoCicero. It was LoCicero who arranged for the release of the aforementioned Gallo hostages on behalf of Profaci, and he accomplished all of this only to be demoted to soldier by Joe Magliocco, who believed he was 'flirting with the Gallos'. This is to say the one guy who tried to stop them from gaining influence got demoted for associating with them. LoCicero got killed a few years later by the Bonannos for backing the Bonanno rebel faction.

Thanx for the info.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good