Originally Posted By: SilentPartnerz
Easy to talk about doing time if you've never done any.

Thank you, SP. Those eleven words speak volumes.

Now don't get me wrong, if you're in or even around the life you're supposed to stand-up. You do the crime, you do the time. But these kids who haven't even lived yet, who are still living with their parents, who've never been within a hundred miles of a real wiseguy, or spent a single night inside, yet feel obligated to ''hate'' rats, aren't very credible on this subject. And I'm NOT singling anyone out on this board, I'm talking about these types of boards in general.

If you've walked the walk that's one thing. If you've lost family to jail for long stretches (especially a father), that's also understandable. But if you're posting your hatred for rats without any firsthand knowledge of what it means to hear that iron door shut behind you, you really have to re-think your position until it happens to you.

And again, I'm NOT talking about anyone in particular on this board. I'm just replying to Silent Parnerz's very astute post smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.