Originally Posted By: Mr_Willie_Cicci
Originally Posted By: carmela
Originally Posted By: SilentPartnerz
I can tell you right here, right now, I'm not doing life for some organization. My mother, yes. The mob today..no chance. Doing a couple months will wear you out. What Skinny said up above is on point- the stress of ALWAYS keeping your guard up wears you down. Everything is race based. If I'm looking at life for killing some dude I don't know because I was ordered to kill him by some 'boss' I don't know. Nope. I would stand on the highest chair and sing louder than Paveratti.

Respect

Then why did you pledge loyalty to that organization if you never intended to uphold it?

This....If a guy gets a button, wants it, he knows the consequences, the risks--and the possible reward. A real man takes enters into that life taking those risks and accepting them.

I disagree. This is what they SHOULD know going in, but most guys never think that far. Everyone knows they are getting made. Its not a surprise. Guys come back and have a party. In fact most have two partys. One with guys in the family, one with their buddys who mostly arent made at all. Its like becoming a CIA agent and going around showing all ur friends ur badge at the hs reunion. No one goes into that ceremony thinking some day down the road i could regret this... No one thinks that one day they could get sentenced to 16yrs for a crime that would be less than 2 if you werent a member. No one thinks that one day when your 85 years old some guy you sold weed to 30 years ago ratted you out. You start to think u can get off it bc the statute of limitations, but your a member of a continuous racketeering enterprise. None of these guys think like that. Its all me me me, now now now! Its america, its being young, and spoiled, as well as being human. Some people can take jail, some people crack. Thats life. You cant explain it all. At least new jersey turnpike guy was honest. Would you stand up? Would you ever put yourself in that position to have to make that choice? I am cynical when it comes to life. I find it to be the easiest approach. I understand human nature. That inside we are all self serving beasts, our interests to serve anyone/thing outside of our selves only comes from the outward pressures of others. When it comes to the life, i may know the names, the rackets, but if you dont have a grasp on the complexity of human nature when it comes to that life you will never understand it.

Last edited by Skinny; 07/25/13 08:27 PM. Reason: sorry i couldnt spell with a gun to my head