Originally Posted By: Thaddeus
Being originally from Rhode Island and knowing a wiseguy or two in the eighties and nineties, I occasionally read up on what's going on with cosa nostra there and I came across an excerpt from the book "rogue mobster" by Mark Silverman. He alleges that he was made by the Patriarca family. I ordered the book today butI'm really impatient and I was wondering if anyone had any info on this. The Patriarca family, from what I understood had never had any non Italian made members. In fact I was always led to believe that they were extremely wary about even doing much business non Italians.

I doubt it. I've read the book and have personally met a few characters in the book. My thoughts is that he was a typical 90's coke dealer selling drugs for some of the various crews mentioned in the book and therefore did know some inside stuff but never was even close to made. I think he is saying that from a marketing and an ego standpoint. But aside from this, the book was an excellent read and was interesting to me knowing some of the rumors that were going around at that time actually being spoken within the book. I think you'll like it regardless of Mark being made or not.