Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
One of my favorite character actors is Hector Elizondo. I think he brings great depth to even the tiniest role. Who could forget him as the hotel manager in Pretty Woman?
Boy...do I agree with THAT !!!

In fact for that very role in 'Pretty Woman', I was really annoyed that Elizondo was not given at least an Oscar nomination for Supporting Actor.

Amazing that (unless I missed it) no one has listed the great Walter Brennan and kudos to Don V for including him in the original list. I guess the current day actors are a bit more visible.

Other WONDERFUL character actor from Hollywood's golden days...Melvyn Douglas and my all time favorite...Claude Raines.

Re Pacino/DeNiro...true they are established stars, leading men. But each has proven adept at so-called 'character actor' roles, for example Pacino in 'Dick Tracy' and DeNiro in 'Meet the Parents'.

YaddaYaddaYadda....

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON