---"I had a problem with the Mafia at the time," says Flemmi, who hit on a bet and was upset mob-protected bookie wouldn't pay him

---Stevie initially got info from Paul Rico.
Met Rico with Larry Baione.
"I thought I was going to get paid, $3,000 hit."

---Flemmi says bookie got arrested before placed Flemmi's bet so refused to pay him $3000 winnings; Flemmi hit Larry Baione, Mafia guy

---Stevie was so pissed he started fighting.
"I whacked Larry Baione."
A no no?
"They'll kill you eventually."

---Flemmi fistfight with guys; several days later two Mafia guys pull up at club, was shooting.

---"Several days later, Joe Russo and other Mafia guys pulled up in front of the club. Richie shot Joe."

---Stevie went to Joe Russo in the hospital and said his friend screwed up.
"It got resolved."
And Stevie got paid the number hit.

---He had to repair relations, though. "At the time I didn't care," Flemmi says

---Wimpy switched allegiances.
"Wimpy was friendly with detective, Bill Stuart, who was friendly with Paul Rico."

---Met with Buddy McLean and Howie Winter. Wimpy with Stevie.
"They convinced us we should be aligned with the Somerville people."

---Stevie went to bro Jimmy the Bear in prison.
Barboza was against Mafia.
"He told me to tell my brother to mind his own business."

---Rico asked Flemmi to go tell his brother to mind his business, a favor. He did it. Rico helped out, too, with Flemmis prob with IRS

---Stevie fixed FBI car from an accident.
Gave Rico a gun.
"He wanted to kill Georgie McLaughlin."
"I provided a throwaway gun."

---Rico gave Stevie info so they could kill Punchy McLaughlin.
Couldn't find him until Rico told them the bus he was on.

---Why Rico do this?
"He was friendly with the Bennetts. He didn't like the McLaughlins. Punchy threatened to kill Condon's brother."

---Punchy was going to Georgie's murder trial
Rico told Stevie and Salemme where
"Right on time...stepped out and shot him. Six times."

---1964, Wimpy whacked Frank Benjamin in Stevie's joint, so Stevie lit the place on fire to cover it up.
Punchy was still with them, helped. "I lit a fire in the back room and burnt the blood." There was too much blood to get rid of."

---George Ash.
Jimmy the Bear killed him.
"I helped move the body."

---Murder Stephen Muese and Sammy Landenbaum?
"I just took all the shells out of the car."
Howie Winter whacked them. Flemmi says Howie Winter killed two Charlestown guys and Flemmi and Frank Salemme "cleaned the car up"

---In 1967, did you kill Wiimpy??
Yeah. "Frankie Salemme insisted on that. His relationship with the Mafia. They didn't like Wimpy."

---The Mafia was staying out of this mostly. "They wanted (the gangs) to decimate each other."

---"I shot him."
Where?
"In the head, chuckles"
Location?
"Oh, a garage in Roxbury...Frankie, myself and George Kaufman...we disposed of him."

---Joe McDonald, Jimmy Sims, Winter Hill people, helped bury body. "They didn't like him anyway." Flemmi says they buried Bennett's body in grounds of gun club in Hopkington. (investigators dug there for days yrs ago never found remains)

---Stevie buried Wimpy wth Joe Mac and Jimmy Sims.
"They didn't like Wimpy."
Who killed Walter Bennett?
"Frankie Salemme."

---William Bennett killed, too. Bulger. "He was telling people that I was responsible and was putting a crew together in Roxbury." Billy was shot and dumped in snowbank.

---Having killed the Bennett brothers, Stevie and Frankie took over their loansharking business.
Killed Richie Grasso, too.

---Him and Salemme, "Did you take over their loansharking business?" "yes."

---Stevie and Frankie tried to kill John Fitzgerald, Joe Barboza's attorney.
Larry Baione wanted it done.
Stevie didn't want to do it.

---Stevie told FBI agent Rico, thinking it would save lawyer.
But Rico instead liked the idea.
Frankie and Larry Baione did it.

---Flemmi says Salemme and Larry Zannino planted bomb under Fitzgerald's car; it exploded when he turned ignition, tore his leg off, survived. Flemmi says he wasn't with them when they planted bomb, but was there when they practiced on another car

---Killed Tommy Timmins.
"Kinda long story. He was a bank robber, safecracker, house invader."

---Tommy made mistake of hitting house of Abe Sarkis, bookie with Larry Baione's crew.
"It was a home invasion..."

---"He was murdered, in Frankie Salemme's home."

---"They threatened his wife...Larry found out...Timmins was murdered, in Frankie's home. Steve the Greek and Red Assad beat him up."

---"We just tied him up, put him in the car, and brought him to the location where they were going to bury him." "Red Assad killed him. We brought Tommy to Frankie's home in Sharon. They met him at the house. Frankie and Larry dug a hole,"

---Flemmi says tried to find location of grave for feds, couldn't, landscape had changed