I didn't know where to post this, but this thread seemed like the one.

A new family moved into our neighborhood in the spring, and their oldest girl is about 10, but likes to hang around my daughter, who's 15, but gets a kick out of the young girl, "Annie." My daughter and her friend earlier in the Summer invited Annie to our house to swim in the pool. I met her from the deck and then noticed two younger boys, 8 and 5, watching from behind the fence.

I said hello and Annie noticed them and said they were her little brothers, who had apparently secretly followed her. I asked them if they wanted to swim, they nodded, and I told them to hurry up and jump in the pool. I grabbed some extra towels and drinks and moved to the patio as I wanted to make sure the little guy was able to swim okay.

with these blistering weeks these kids have been enjoying the pool a lot. My kids are older and don't use the pool regularly, but I'm glad these young kids come to swim. It's a delight to have them, and their mom told me that the little guy recently made a list of the friends he wants to invite to his upcoming birthday party and he included me as the only one over the age of 6.

The moral of the story is that I have found the best way to prevent feeling old is to make a point to be around small children a little bit each day. They give you a refreshing perspective on life that is needed at any age.