Originally Posted By: Yurkin
I think people underestimate Anthony. In fact, in a way, he's a lot like Michael.

Michael went against his father's wishes to continue college. What did he do? He joined the Marine Corps.
Then after the murder in the restuarant, Michael became the man he was today. (or..in the movie grin )

I think Anthony has the same air about him. He went against HIS father to do what he thought was right, or what he wanted. If push came to shove, I think Anthony could become as strong as his father.

And I think push came to shove when he saw his baby sister murdered in front of his very own eyes.

I'm with you on that.

What if Vincent asked Anthony to oversee the still-legitimate side of the Corleone family business? Anthony gradually gets drawn into the darker side of what it is to be a Corleone, but at the end, after the death of Vincent, he walks away from it.

A side thought: I always thought it would be cool if Michael's death actually turned out NOT to be natural causes -- maybe Connie, in true Sicilian fashion (and perhaps going a little loony toon over time, as well), waited for the perfect opportunity to kill Michael, to revenge all the "wrongs" he'd done her over time. (He wouldn't be the FIRST old man she'd poisoned, after all...)

Last edited by The_Little_Man; 07/17/13 07:40 PM.