Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Originally Posted By: fathersson
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
The prosecution was absolutely horrible. The jury has spoken. There is talk of a Federal Civil Rights charge, but I hope they do not bring one. As for a civil suit, I doubt Zimm has any assets to get.

Was justice done? Not in my opinion.

Please use some facts to back up your opinions?

What did the prosecution do to make you say absolutely horrible?

What could they have said or shown that was true to change things. Did they even have a change as some didn't even want to bring up charges when this first started?

It is east to throw out an opinion,. but would rather have some facts that we may talk about.

Opinion: The prosecution was horrible.
Fact - They allowed the audio of Zimmerman giving his version of what happened to be heard by the jury. This gave Zimmerman the chance to "testify" without being cross examined and it made it a no brainer that he did not have to testify.

Fact - Their witnesses were ill prepared, and they obviously did not ask certain questions to the witnesses. For example the medical examiner was totally unprepared. A cop they called offered that Zimmerman was an honest man. They did not need the evidence they elicited from that cop had they known his opinion of Zimmerman's truthfulness.

Fact - Their closing argument was a string of rhetorical questions which does not lead to proving a case beyond a reasonable doubt, it just raises questions. The idea is to shut down doubts in the jurors minds.

Fact- They kept calling Trevon Martin a "child." This was overreaching. He was not a child, he was a 17 year old. Calling him a child was an overreach and looked like a lawyer's trick.

"The jury has spoken." That is a fact, that is not my opinion.

"There is talk of a Federal Civil Rights charge." That talk has been all over cable tv and in the papers.

"I hope they do not bring one" This is my personal hope, so expressed.

"As for a civil suit" It is a fact that there is talk that a wrongful death or some similar civil suit where the burden of proof is lower, has been considered by dozens of commentators.

"I doubt Zimm has any assets to get" In Florida his homestead is protected, and his own lawyer said he (Zimm) did not have much money.

"Was justice done? Not in my opinion" this was a stated opinion.

FS if you take the time to read posts, perhaps you will not always respond with the same knee jerk reaction that people with whom you do not agree are only stating opinions without backing them up with facts.

In truth my post contained TWO opinions that the prosecution sucked and that justice wass not doone.

It contained FIVE statements of fact "Jury has spoken" "there's talk of a Federal Charge" There's talk of a civil suit" and Zimm doesnt have big bucks to pay a civil judgment.

Ok, so there were Two opinions and Five statements of fact and you waste your time posting that I should use facts to back up my opinions.

This piss poor analysis of yours sheds light on your thought process. mad

That is right I asked for facts so I can better understand.
why is that such a crime- Cool your anger some. Right away you make an *** out of yourself by assuming I am against you so you are the one with a chip on your shoulder Or hold a grudge that clouds your mind. It is you my friend that has a problem with people that do not agree with you and it surely shows in your your words and your tone. I just aked for something simple now didn't I?

In Fact I happen to agree with much of the points you say . even with your anger ridden tone showing thru.

So many just spew out an "emotion opinions" without any meat behind it, they just want to bitch, so I ask for some facts. If you have them then there is nothing to worry about is there. if not then people are just blowhards as far as I'm concern.
Thanks for the facts- next time hold your pissing for someone else. cool

Because people would have diced up your thoughts in a heartbeat in a courtroom with that anger for sure!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!