Originally Posted By: pmac
I live close to a barnes n noble the new scarpa book is great. I read a couple chapters and leave 30bucks is steep. bot the aurthor got vic orean's kids giving there take on every little thing scarpa did in the Colombo war. he got larry mazza this guy did his work he got a lot of goons giving there 2 cents. researched as good as rabb's 5 families. sessa was a pawn scarpa a genius. hope no one tkes the last copy out the store, he looks at the Colombo war from every angle.greg jr. the orenas,sessa,casso. caaso told oreana when he became boss scarpa's a informer the cops told him. this is a great book.

The book is based on the Scarpa files.

There is a dispute going on right now as we speak, between the author (Peter Lance) and Angela Clemente on who should be credited on the research for the book. Lance is claiming that he helped Clemente with optaining the files (and some other stuff), while Clemente "accuses" Lance of stealing her work.

I haven´t picked up the book. Perhaps because I feel for Angela Clemente and her side of the story. If she decides to write a book on Scarpa, that´s the one I will be picking up.

[Linked Image]