Originally Posted By: XDCX
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: XDCX
I feel like he got away with murder

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
The NAACP now wants Obama to have the DOJ file federal civil rights charges against Zimmerman.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/13/naacp-...ainst-zimmerman

Not sure which one I'm more shocked by. rolleyes

Any time I can make a Mormon roll their eyes (instead of the other way around) is a cause for celebration in my book. wink

"Got away with murder" is simply an expression, but probably a poor choice of words in this case. The circumstances of the case clearly point to manslaughter, but for whatever reason, the prosecution, in their incompetence, were unable to convince the jury of that. It's a shame, but that's the ruling. It was a fair trial. Zimmerman had his date in court, and his side won. I can live with that.

I "feel" you don't understand the law in the least. Self-Defense is a absolute defense against both second degree and manslaughter. Either the jury believed self defense (ie the prosecution didn't rebut beyond a reasonable doubt self defense) or they didn't. It didn't matter which they charged. There is no legal reason to find him not guilty of second degree but guilty of manslaughter.

But keep making worthless distinctions without a difference. I guess it helps you keep your emotional attachment to the Crump-Trayvon family story.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here