Originally Posted By: BarrettM
I also doubt the Outfit appreciated the fact that Roselli got them involved with the CIA at all, and now that investigations were being prepared, why give him the chance to tell the government anything? IMO that was Aiuppa's thought process. And Santo Trafficante's thinking was obvious. Regardless of if you believe in a JFK conspiracy, there were still questions about mafia involvement in a Castro assassination plot, and Roselli could expose Santo as a conspirator. Of course he wouldn't want to be questioned.

Basically I believe the two main factors were the high profile Roselli had in the era where a high profile was intolerable. The second was Roselli's involvement with the CIA, a link that didn't need to be uncovered Bevause it would only lead to scandal and media attention. Rosella also ratted out Detroit and St. Louis. Take your pick..

Didint know that he ratted out Detriot,cool info thanx.Heres a convo from a wiretap between Giancana and Roselli that i posted while ago...

Giancana, Roselli criticizes CIA bugging devices and indicates a preference for the more compact,FBI version:

Giancana: You can't take a big mike like that and put it in a flat.

Roselli: Sure, if you can take it apart.

Giancana: If you take it apart, you might not get the volume as clear as...

Roselli: Well, you play with it, you get an electronics guy... One thing, let me tell you what it is. The CIA has it...

Giancana: Like a cigarette.

Roselli: The FBI out there... has got a portable, it takes conversations way out... I told them, for Christ's sakes report on that thing.. ...... .1 got another kind you.. A guy in LA who's got an electronic cap kind of thing, and he showed me that... so I got to find out what the smallest thing is. If you put it in there, you got a receiver? And receive it when you are set up?

Giancana: Maybe a block, two blocks, three blocks...

Roselli: How big was your receiver?

Giancana: Like a... the box was only this big, maybe three inches by three inches. We were talking "blah, blah, blah." It picked it up. Think about it.

Roselli: Yeah. I'll work on it. Bobby is in Washington .

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good