Originally Posted By: 12thStreet
BRAVISSIMA CUMARE...;) My Mom used to say..."I've met many Italians that I didn't like, but I've NEVER met a Sicilian I couldn't respect." lol...There is indeed something different about us. I married a Mexican girl. When she went to get fitted for her wedding dress it was at this little bridal shop on Harlem Avenue in Chicago that was run by some off the boat Sicilians. When she told them she was marrying a Sicilian the woman who owned the store went across the street to the bakery and came back with cannoli, sfigliodell (SP), and biscotti for her..;) These people didnt know us from Adam-it was just because I was Sicilian..Carmela I love your signature too by the way...:) Yeah the mama of the foolish always seems to be pregnant LOLOLOL

Glad you like the sig. I find it to be very true. wink
Good story that you shared, too. Sicilians are old souls and like article says, "very clannish". Which couldn't be more true. If you know any sicilians that have moved to the US, you'll notice they always find their own kind. They don't blend in very well like other nationalities do. They'll always seek out other sicilians.
They have a funny way of calling northerners... polentoni, meaning polenta eaters and the northerners refer to the sicilians as terroni, meaning southerners, but when they say it they are calling them "terrorists".
Ah, could go on and on, but the bottom line is, the title of this thread could have been rivalry between sicilians and....anyone else. lol
They dont care for the calabrians either. If you ever hear a sicilian say, "testa di calabrese" he's saying you have a hard head like a calabrian, and it's not compliment but it is calling the kettle black.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.