Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
I think you meant the Tango Blast gang which are a prison/street gang. Barrio Azteca is mainly a prison gang just with a large street presence (similar to Nuestra Familia/La Eme in Cali & BGF in Maryland)and the rest your right.

no, i meant barrio azteca. i agree that they are primarily a prison gang, with a large street presence, but that just proves my point about is being harder and harder to classify and label these groups as prison gang, street gang, or cartel as they are all involved in the exact same things.. the juarez cartel also has its own armed wing, la linea, which is said to be made up of ex and current local and state cops from the juarez region. they operate more in mexico, but both them and barrio azteca operate on both sides. the juarez cartel/la linea would be a better comparison to the gulf cartel/los zetas. its also worth pointing out that the juarez cartel is really just a shell of its former self, very similar to the tj cartel with only a marginal influence in and around juarez.

Last edited by Five_Felonies; 07/13/13 03:15 PM.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!