Originally Posted By: southend
Little_Frankie do you know anything about some other guys mentioned like Bobby Rennell, Eddie Insogna. Also he claims to have taken a guy name George Mortimer into his crew as a favor to Beav. You know anything about those guys? Another guy is Brian Porreca who Silverman says was a suspect in several Medford-area murders, was he a serious guy like that?

I remember Perreca and Insogna. IIRC, Porreca was a boxer/trainer. He died about 10 years ago in Vegas where he was living at the time. I never got the impression he was a killer. A tough guy, sure but not a killer. Insogna was just another Malden/Medford kid who hung around the wannabes. His 15 minutes of fame came when he found Patsy Squillante with 2 bullet holes in his head. Since then, I haven't heard anything from or about him.

As for the others like Bobby Rennell, I have NEVER heard those names. My gut tells me that Bobby Rennell was an alias given to protect his true identity. He did mention in the beginning of his book that some of the names have changed to protect some people. If you look at the names he throws out there, all of the real ones have something in common, they are either dead or in jail. That makes me think the others with aliases are still active. If that's the case, I have an idea who Bobby Rennell might be based on when he was away in the book, what he went away for, his physical description and who he had problems with. In fact, I'm almost sure I can guess who it is. The Mortimer character, I have no clue.

Last edited by Little_Frankie; 07/12/13 08:03 PM.