Originally Posted By: fathersson
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
There have been so many versions it is hard to tell. I also think it is difficult to conceive of what is meant by who started the fight. I would think that Trayvon Martin landed the first blow in the physical confrontation, but that was only after he had been followed by an armed man in a car, who against all advice and training got out of the car to confront him. So does that act "start the fight?"

Training: Zimmerman had taken a number of criminology and criminal law courses in his efforts to become a cop. He denied this in one interview, but it came out in the trial that he had received training.
DT I am understanding what you have posted...BUT (don't you all just hate that word ... But)
my first thought is how would Martin even know he was carrying a gun? and If he did why would you go near a man with a gun when you were unarmed.

NEXT, I did not see one thing and I may have missed it during the court facts- where it said any thing about Zimmerman ever aproached Martin or confronting him. He was told that he wasn't needed to follow him and even if he kept doing it that isn't against any law it was just advise as you posted? or a reason to be attacked. If Martin was so fearful why not avoid the person he feared enough to strike out on?

Again we go back to your statement that he had training? I must have missed that point also. What training did he have and where did he get it from that would make any difference in what he did? He wasn't employed by the housing divison or any instruction by a supervisor. I have to ask was he a part of a KNOWN Organized Group or was this just a label but on him ?

The real question which was not answer in a proven fact is WHO CONFORNTED WHO and WHO STRUCK WHO FIRST?
No maybe storys or Opinion on how it may or may not have gone down in different peoples minds. Convict a person with facts and real evidence not twisting things in the court of public opinion.

Signed no sheets in my closet wink
Peace to you all. cool

Zimmerman had taken several classes in criminologhy and criminal law in an effort to train himself to become a cop.

Zimmerman told the 911 operator when he saw Martin "these mother F*cking punks always get away."

Zimmerman knew he was armed.

Zimmerman was in a car.

When he saw Martin approach the car Zimmerman did not drive away he got out.

Martin threw the first punch as best as I can tell.

But why does an armed man get out of his car in this situation?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."