Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Frank_Nitti
Uh, your "That's when they should bring out the fire hoses and police dogs" is a direct reference to the actions of segregationist Alabama governor George Wallace during the Birmingham civil rights movement of the 1960's. I'd say that fits the definition of disgusting KKK-like quite nicely.

I meant every word of that. It worked then. The difference is, back then blacks actually had a good reason to be upset; though there is never a good reason to riot and burn the town down. That's what I'm talking about. The possibility of there being riots if Zimmerman is found not guilty. But, hey, there are always other options. Tear gas and rubber bullets would work just as well.

What worked then and what town was burned down? The only burning that took place in Birmingham was in 1963 when the KKK bombed a black church that killed 4 little black girls. I assume the city burning you're referring to is the Watts Riots of 1965. Bull Connor's tactics in Birmingham were aimed at protestors, many of them women and children as young as 8, and they most certainly did not work, as it was an international scandal and the beginning of the end of Jim Crow South, and Civil Rights was passed a year later. You might not sound quite as ignorant if you had even a high school history education.