Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
How is he innocent? Put yourself in his shoes for one moment. You're in an unfamiliar neighborhood, you're just a kid. You're walking home from the store and a strange man starts following you. Perhaps you hear him on the phone reporting your presence to the police. For what? For walking? He continues to stalk you and he's scaring you. And all you've done THAT NIGHT (which is all that's really relevant) is walk home after buying some candy. That's what makes him so innocent.

Interesting, however, that you concentrated on Trayvon and not one other word from my post.

I don't deny blacks were repressed for centuries in this country and that was wrong. There are still white trash hicks out there who spray the n-word around like the spit coming from their toothless mouths. However, today is a different world. Black people are not discriminated against to the point where they can't go into certain bathrooms, hotels, restaurants, or even water fountains.

To hell with it. I will not apologize for something I didn't do. I'm not a racist or a hateful person. But the problems black communities face across the country today are not my problem and not my fault. I am not "the oppressive white man". I'm a guy trying to make his way in the world, and I don't judge people based on skin color.

As for Trayvon are you really defending this kid? So Zimmerman tried to play cop, that was wrong, but Martin attacking him and beating up is equally as wrong. Trayvon was wrongly profiled, he probably wasn't up to anything bad. At the same time he was known for violence and drug usage (not just weed) and when he was provoked he unjustifiably struck back. Zimmerman may have been creeping on the kid but I highly doubt his intent was to kill him. Trayvon Martin was not a person that deserved death. He is certainly not the blueprint for all black people. But he was not some innocent sweet kid either. And I stand by that and the fact that this is a grade A bullshit case created by the media and other outside forces.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone